ABC-VA Young Leaders
Northern Virginia Young Leaders Committee:
Top Left to Bottom Right: Colin McShane, E.E. Reed Construction, LP
, Aaron Gentzler, Forrester Construction
, Ella Bushayija, Branch Builds
, Jeff Miller, Thompson Greenspon
, Sam Savoia, Allan Myers
, Brennan Maxwell, Skanska USA
, Matt Kiser, HITT Contracting Inc.
(Vice Chair), Varsha Kuchimanchi, Branch Builds
, Mary Rose Rubin, Acme Mechanical Contractors of Virginia
, Rachel Leinbach, HITT Contracting Inc
., Shawn Thorpe, Hays
, Emma Sowers, Thompson Greenspon
, Courtney DeCroes, Early, Cassidy and Schilling, LLC
Not pictured: Chad McKay, Calvert Masonry
ABC-Virginia's Young Leaders groups offer the construction industry's young professionals opportunities to network, and build lasting professional relationships with peers in a comfortable and casual setting.
Our Young Leaders events include, educational seminars, personal and professional development luncheons, jobsite tours and opportunities to network while building industry connections.
If you are a young leader looking to network with industry peers and socialize with colleagues in a casual environment, or an employer who wants to cost-effectively get your young professionals more involved with ABC - Virginia, then our Young Leaders Group is your opportunity!
Northern Virginia's Young Leaders Event Calendar
Central Virginia's Young Leaders Event Calendar
Hampton Roads Young Leaders Event Calendar
Who Should Attend
Our Young Leaders Group is geared towards industry professionals in their 20s and mid 30s who have a desire to learn more about the construction industry and are striving to become a leader in the industry.
Our Young Leaders Group is active in all three of our regions. Contact your regional Young Leaders staff liaison for details.
Your company / firm must be a member of ABC-Virginia for you to attend Young Leaders educational seminars, lunch and learns, and networking opportunities.
Emerging Young Leader Award
2018: Courtney DeCroes, Early, Cassidy & Schilling, LLC
Courtney was hired by Early Cassidy & Schilling as a trainee in the surety department in 2010 after earning her Bachelor of Arts in Communications from James Madison University. As she began to grow her technical knowledge, she was asked to get involved with ABC as an avenue to learn more about the construction industry, client issues and to meet other members. ...Meet the 2018 Young Leader of the Year
The purpose of this award is to recognize an up and coming leader making a significant contribution to ABC and the wider regional construction industry. The 2019 Emerging Leaders Award will be presented to a recipient who has shown exemplary achievements and demonstrated outstanding professional accomplishments in ABC-VA and the construction industry.
Candidates for the Emerging Leader Award must meet the following requirements to be eligible for the award:
- Individual must be an employee of an ABC-VA member company
- Individual must be 40 years of age or younger
- Individual must attend a minimum of 3 Young Leader Networking Events & 1 General ABC-VA Networking Event
- Individual must complete the application and involvement schedule electronically by November 29, 2019
- Recognition throughout ABC-VA's social media channels and weekly/monthly newsletters
- Profile on ABC-VA Young Leaders website page
-Award presented during ABC-VA's January event
- Submit one letter of recommendation from an ABC Virginia member (maximum 300 words).
- Complete the application questions in section two below.
- Track your ABC-VA involvement throughout the year and complete the Involvement Schedule in section three of the application. Please complete the application below in its entirety. Upon submission, your responses will be emailed to you. Please check to make sure you receive your responses via email before closing this window so that you don't lose your responses.
For questions or comments, please contact Amber Stricker at (703) 968-6205 or email her at email@example.com
Once your application is complete, please email it to Amber Stricker