2017 Northern Virginia Young Leaders Committee
Janelle Becker - HITT Contracting Inc., Ashley Campbell - HITT Contracting Inc., Courtney DeCroes - Early, Cassidy & Schiling, Inc., Kaitlyn Duffy - HITT Contracting Inc., Jason James - E.E. Reed Construction, L.P., Wil Kamin - Vulcan Materials Co., Matt Kiser - HITT Contracting Inc., Jeff Miller - Lanigan, Ryan, Malcom & Doyle, P.C., Mary Rose Rubin - Acme Mechanical Contractors of Virginia
ABC-VA Young Leaders
ABC-Virginia's Young Leaders groups offer the construction industry's young professionals opportunities to network, and build lasting professional relationships with peers in a comfortable and casual setting.
Our Young Leaders events include, educational seminars, personal and professional development luncheons, jobsite tours and opportunities to network while building industry connections.
If you are a young leader looking to network with industry peers and socialize with colleagues in a casual environment, or an employer who wants to cost-effectively get your young professionals more involved with ABC - Virginia, then our Young Leaders Group is your opportunity!
Northern Virginia's Young Leaders Event Calendar
Central Virginia's Young Leaders Event Calendar
Hampton Roads Young Leaders Event Calendar
Who Should Attend
Our Young Leaders Group is geared towards industry professionals in their 20s and mid 30s who have a desire to learn more about the construction industry and are striving to become a leader in the industry.
Our Young Leaders Group is active in all three of our regions. Contact your regional Young Leaders staff liaison for details.
Your company / firm must be a member of ABC-Virginia for you to attend Young Leaders educational seminars, lunch and learns, and networking opportunities.
Emerging Leader Award
The Young Leader's Group of the Associated Builders and Contractors Virginia Chapter (ABC-VA) is excited to kick-off our Emerging Leader's Award program! The purpose of this award is to recognize an up and coming leader making a significant contribution to ABC and the wider regional construction industry. The 2018 Emerging Leaders Award will be presented to two recipients who have shown exemplary achievements and demonstrated outstanding professional accomplishments in the ABC-VA and the construction industry.
Candidates for the Emerging Leader Award must meet the following requirements to be eligible for the award:
- Individual must be an employee of an ABC-VA member company
- Individual must be 40 years of age or younger
- Individual must complete the application and involvement schedule electronically by November 30, 2018
- NV: Guaranteed acceptance into the Leadership Institute and 50% scholarship into the program
- HR: One complimentary ticket to each young leader event in 2019
- CV: One complimentary ticket to each young leader event in 2019
- Recognition at ABC January events and throughout ABC-VA's social media channels and weekly/monthly newsletters
- Profile on ABC-VA Young Leaders website page
- Submit one letter of recommendation from an ABC Virginia member (maximum 300 words).
Please upload the letter below.
- Complete the application questions in section two below.
- Track your ABC-VA involvement throughout the year and complete the Involvement Schedule in section three of the
Please complete the application below in its entirety. Upon submission, your responses will be emailed to you. Please check to make sure you receive your responses via email before closing this window so that you don't lose your responses.
For questions or comments, please contact Amber Stricker at (703) 968-6205 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org