OSHA 5400: Trainer Course in Occupational Safety and Health Standards for the Maritime Industry
November 18 - 21, 2019
8:00 A.M. - 4:00 P.m.
This course is designed for personnel interested in teaching the OSHA 10- and 30-Hour Maritime Outreach courses. Special emphasis is placed on those topics that are required in the outreach program as well as on those areas that are the most hazardous. Various instructional approaches and the effective use of visual aids and handouts will also be covered. This course allows the student to become a trainer in the Outreach Training Program, to conduct 10 and 30 hour maritime classes in shipyard employment, marine terminals, and longshoring.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
• Instruct Maritime workers in OSHA 10 and 30 Maritime Standards hazard identification course
• Define Maritime terms found in the OSHA Maritime Industry and determine appropriate standards
• Identify hazards that occur in the Maritime Industry and determine appropriate standards
• Locate OSHA Maritime Safety and Health standards, policies, and procedures
• Describe the use of the OSHA Maritime standards and regulations to supplement an on-going safety and health program.
ABC-VA Hampton Roads Training Facility
5505 Robin Hood Road
Norfolk, VA 23513
*Student parking is located in the back of the building. Enter through Door #21.*
Please note a reservation constitutes a financial commitment unless cancellations are made 48 hours in advance.