CONSTRUCTION LAW SURVIVAL SEMINAR
Join us for a full day of breaking down and understanding construction law with James Fullerton, President of Fullerton & Knowles, PC. Topics include:
- Time Limits, Notices and Claims to Preserve
- Mechanic’s Lien Rights in Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania and D.C.
Public and Private Payment Bond Rights
- Federal Miller Act and State Little Miller Acts in Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania and D.C.
- Private Payment Bond Rights
Lien & Bond Progress Payment Waivers
- Review and revising waivers in contracts and progress payment waivers
- Lien Waivers, Bond Right Waivers, & Claims Waivers
- Contract Terms to put in your Proposals
- Reviewing and Revising Contracts you receive
- Conduit, Pay when Paid Clauses and Claims Procedures
All attendees will receive a copy of Mr. Fullerton's book, Construction Law Survival Manual.
James D. Fullerton, President, Fullerton & Knowles, P.C. - Mr. Fullerton is a Martindale Hubbell Peer Rated Lawyer AV" Preeminent.'" Jim represents owners, lenders, design professionals, suppliers, subcontractors, general contractors and other members of the real estate and construction industries region-wide. He advises on all real estate and construction law issues; public procurement and bidding, contract formation and disputes; defects in labor and materials; design defects in plans and specifications; inefficiency, impact and delay claims; mechanic's lien and bond rights; litigation, arbitration and mediation in public and private projects; joint ventures, mentor protegee agreements and other arrangements for minority and disadvantaged business enterprises; bank and lender representation; commercial transactions and loan closings; sales contracts and leases.
Mr. Fullerton is also a master brick mason, a licensed real estate broker and the owner of Summit Real Estate. He is Counsel to Board of Directors, Virginia Precast Concrete Association; and is Counsel to Board of Directors, Central Atlantic Precast Concrete Association. He graduated from the University of Colorado and the University of Virginia School of Law.
Wednesday, November 30, 2022
9:30AM - 4:30PM
ABC-VA Northern Virginia Training Facility
42680 Trade West Drive, Dulles, VA 20166
Includes light breakfast, lunch and snacks
Contact Amy Faris, [email protected]