What Your Business Is Worth...and Why You Need to Know - Lunch & Learn
Wednesday, October 5, 2022
11:00 A.M. - 1:30 P.M.
As a business owner, your business is most likely your largest asset. Closely held businesses do not have an easily determinable value and a range of values is the norm. The value of your business is influence by many variables, many of which you can control. Whether you keep or sell your business, knowing and increasing your valuation is always beneficial.
Among the many business planning issues to be addressed at the workshop are the following:
- Learn the 3 different valuation methods for your business/industry.
- Understand how to “enhance” the value of your business..
- What are the consequences of an incorrect valuation?
- Why businesses with multiple shareholders should “fix” a value, and in writing.
- How valuation differs in a family transfer event versus a third-party sale.
- What the IRS can do if you choose not to establish a value for tax purposes.
- Why recurring revenue, long term employees, “clean” books, negotiated vs. bid work, bonding capacity, and supplier relationships are drivers of increased valuations.
Donald S. Hannahs, CFP®, Ocean Financial Strategies
Parker Hannahs, Ocean Financial Strategies
Brad Bailey, CPR, MT, ABV, Brown Edwards
ABC-VA Richmond Training Facility
1600 E. Parham Road, Richmond, VA 23228
Kate Bossard, (804) 346-4222
Donald Hannahs and Parker Hannahs are registered representatives of Lincoln Financial Advisors Corp. Securities and investment advisory services offered through Lincoln Financial Advisors, a broker-dealer and registered investment advisor. Insurance offered through Lincoln affiliates and other fine companies. Brown Edwards and Oceanside Financial Strategies are not affiliates of Lincoln Financial Advisors Corp. CRN-4928901-083122